Gagan Narang is India’s top and most consistent rifle shooter. He won the Bronze medal at the London Olympics 2012 in 10m Air Rifle event to erase memories of his near miss 4 years ago in the Beijing Olympics.. He also competed in the 50m Rifle Prone and 50m Rifle 3 Positions event. He was the world record holder in the 10m Air Rifle event with a stunning score of 600 out of 600 in the qualifying round, a feat he accomplished when he beat world’s top shooters at the ISSF World Cup Final Bangkok, 2008. He is the first athlete to be supported by OGQ. He will be representing India in his fourth Olympics at Rio 2016 in all the three rifle events. He earned a quota for India for Rio Olympics by winning bronze medal in 50m Rifle Prone event at the 2015 ISSF World Cup in Fort Benning.
He won 4 gold medals in the rifle events at the CWG 2010, which included a perfect 600/600 score in 10m Air Rifle event. He also won 2 silver medals in the 2010 Asian Games. He qualified for The London Olympics by virtue of winning bronze medal at the 2010 World Championships in Munich. At the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow, Gagan was the only Indian athlete to win 2 medals. He won a Bronze medal in the 50 m Rifle 3 positions event and a Silver medal in the 50 m Rifle Prone event
The affable Hyderabad based shooter finished ninth in the 10m Air Rifle event at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, narrowly missing the final only on a count back after scoring 595/600 in the qualification round. In Beijing, he also finished 13th in the 50m Rifle 3 Positions event with a score of 1167/1200, missing the final by three points. It is a creditable feat, considering that the Hyderabadi took to this event just over two years before the Olympics.
Gagan’s biggest asset is his nerves of steel and his calmness under pressure. He finished 12th in the 10m Air Rifle event at the Athens Olympic Games in 2004. He was also a quadruple Gold Medalist at the 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games. He is the first Indian to shoot the finals of all three Olympic Rifle events in the World Cup.
- Bronze Medalist, 10m Air Rifle, London Olympics, 2012
- Bronze Medalist and Olympic quota – 50 m Rifle Prone, ISSF World Cup, Fort Benning 2015
- Silver – 50 m Rifle Prone, Commonwealth Games 2014
- Bronze – 50 m Rifle 3 positions, Commonwealth Games 2014
- Gold Medalist (Team), 50m Rifle 3 Positions, Asian championships, Kuwait, 2012
- Bronze Medalist, 50m Rifle 3 Positions, Asian championships, Kuwait, 2012
- Silver Medalist (Team), 10m Air Rifle, Asian championships, Kuwait, 2012
- 2 Silver Medals, 10m Air Rifle (Individual and Pairs), Asian Games, Guangzhou, 2010
- 4 Gold Medals, Commonwealth Games Delhi, 2010
- Bronze Medalist, 10m Air Rifle, ISSF World Cup Beijing, 2010
- Gold Medalist, 50m Rifle 3 Positions, ISSF World Cup Changwon, 2009
- Bronze Medalist, 10m Air Rifle, ISSF World Cup Changwon, 2009
- Gold Medalist, 10m Air Rifle, ISSF World Cup Final Bangkok, 2008
- Bronze Medalist, 10m Air Rifle, ISSF World Cup Beijing, 2008
- Silver Medalist, 50m Rifle Prone, Asian Championships Kuwait City, 2007
- Gold Medalist, 10m Air Rifle, ISSF World Cup Guangzhou, 2006
- Bronze Medalist, 50m Rifle 3 Positions, Asian Games Doha, 2006
- Quadruple Gold Medalist, Commonwealth Games Melbourne, 2006
It’s time you played your part in creating future champions. We share the same passion. We want India to triumph. Come, become a part of OGQ. Come Join Us in our Quest for Gold.