• Bachelor of Physiotherapy from MAEER's Physiotherapy College,Talegaon-Pune, India.
• Certificate of Music Therapy at MET, Mumbai.
• Masters of Musculoskeletal and Sports Physiotherapy,University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia.
• Worked in a sports injury clinic in Australia as a consultant physiotherapist for one year.
• Worked as a sports trainer and a physiostherapist at West Gambier Football club, at Mount Gambier, Australia for one season.
• The education and the work experience in Australia has been vital in developing his clinical skills.
• Manual Therapy (Mobilization, manipulation, neurodynamic mobilisation and soft tissue techniques) Biomechanical correction and clinical reasoning.
• Currently working at Patiala with the OGQ boxers at National Institute of Sports.
• MPT (Musculoskeletal and Sports), Dr. M.V Shetty College of Physiotherapy, Mangalore, Karnataka. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
• BPT, Dr. M.V Shetty College of Physiotherapy, Mangalore, Karnataka. Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Bangalore
• Working as a Sports Physiotherapist and Fitness trainer at the Pro -Tennis Academy, Vasant Kunj Sports Complex, New Delhi
• Working with the Olympic Gold Quest as a Sports Physiotherapist
• Worked as Doping Control Officer at the International Rugby Tournament, England India Series and presently working at the ICC Women’s Women’s world cup as the lead Dope Control officer.
• Worked in the Hari Ram International Wrestling Grand Prix as a Physiotherapist
• Worked as Physiotherapist for the “National Swimming Team”at Sports Authority of India
• Worked as Sports Physiotherapist at the Senior Nationals Judo Championship in March 2011
• Worked as the Sports Physiotherapist for the AITA Talent Series tennis tournament (Under 18 years-Boys and Girls)
• Worked as a Sports Physiotherapist in the Common Wealth Games CWG Delhi 2010 at the Full Bore Shooting Championship
• Experienced in Biomechanical analysis of Sports and Sports Performance. Working on-field using Manual therapy, exercises, sports-specific rehabilitation and fitness training.
• Experience with sports and medical teams in Australia and India
• Bachelor of Physiotherapy from Bhopal, India and six month internship from Bombay hospital, Mumbai. Master of Manual therapy, Musculoskeletal & Sports Physiotherapy at University of South Australia, Adelaide.
• Had a very successful stint for two years as a Consultant Physiotherapist with Football & Soccer club, Adelaide, Australia Gained valuable clinical skills & experience while working as a Physiotherapist at West Gippsland Hospital, Melbourne, Australia.
• Worked as an Assistant professor at People’s university, Bhopal.
• Voluntary worked in Ankur Cricket Club, Bhopal as a Sports Physiotherapist.
• Was invited to give a lecture on Sports Injury & Management at National Sports Conference at Kolkata.
• Professional strengths included: Manual Therapy (Mobilization and Manipulation), Biomechanical Correction, Sports Message, Dry Needling as well as Clinical Reasoning.
• Worked with Indian Senior Men's Boxing Team at National Institute of Sports, Patiala for around two years.
• Helped M C Mary Kom in Physical fitness to comeback after 2012 olympic.
• Was worked with Walkers, Runners, Javelin throwers, Weight Lifters, Shooters, Archers etc.
• Presently working with Saina Nehwal as a Personal Physiotherapist in PPBA, Bangalore from last six months.
Dr.Sumita Jain completed her Masters of Physiotherapy with specialization in Musculoskeletal Disorder and Sports Physiotherapy and Bachelor of Physiotherapy fromDr.M.V.Shetty College of Physiotherapy, Mangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
Before working with Olympic Gold Quest as Sports Physiotherapist, she has worked as a consultant and chief Physiotherapist in Portea Medicals and as a Physiotherapist in Yash Physiotherapy and Sports Injury Clinic, Sports Health Incorporated. She also participated in ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2013 in the role of Chaperon under Sports Drug Testing International. She was the Dope Control Officer and Co ordinator in India Zimbabwe Test Cricket series, 2013under Sports Drug Testing International. She has also worked with junior Table Tennis Academy, junior football club in Delhi.
She has also worked in Orthopedic OPD, Physiotherapy OPD and IPD, ICU, Trauma Ward, Prosthetics and Orthotics Department & Ortho-Pediatric Department as external postings during the Master’s Program.
• Studied Bachelors of Physiotherapy from Seth GS Medical College, Mumbai
• A Certified Mulligan Practitioner
• Specialised in Dry Needling and various taping techniques
• Completed course of Neurodynamic Solutions under Dr. Kiran Challagundla
• Worked for a year as an Asst. Physiotherapist at Physiohealth Clinic, Mumbai
• Also worked at Live Active Physiotherapy, Mumbai.
MSPT (Sports) from Faculty of Sports medicine and Physiotherapy, Guru Nanak Dev University Amritsar, Punjab.
• Worked as a Sports Nutritionist with Sports Authority of India, Sonepat where she was attached with the National Campers of Wrestling, Para-athletics, Archery preparing for Olympic Games-2016 and other international competitions.
• She has completed her Masters in Food & Nutrition from Isabella Thoburn College and finished short term attachment from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
• She is a Registered Dietitian certified by the Registration Board of the Indian Dietetic Association.
• She is also a visiting faculty at National Institute of Nutrition, Hyderabad.
• In her prior assignments, she has worked as Dietitian & Nutrition Instructor at Command Hospital, Central Command (Indian Army) and at Delhi State Cancer Institute, New Delhi.
Education & Certification
* Certified Personal Trainer
(American College of Sports Medicine)
* Certified Personal Trainer
(K11 Fitness Academy)
* Functional Strength Training
(Fitness and Sports Science Association)
* Advance Pranic Healing
(World Pranic Healing Foundation)
Uma is a former national level roller and ice skater. In 2013, she graduated with a Masters of Science in sports nutrition from Mumbai University. Post graduation, she worked as a sports nutritionist with various sports clubs across Mumbai and Pune.Uma has also been the nutrition coach for Olympian DattuBhoknal and has worked with athletes in various sports including tennis, badminton, cricket, skating and triathlon.
Strength and Conditioning Coach
To scout for potential medal talent, to help identify areas of support, to work with all stakeholders to aid deserving talent.Read More
OGQ has supported the training of
more than 100 athletes
We’re a group of hard-working, humble problem solvers that enjoy finding solutions to new challenges.Read More